Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
• Biotin is an essential water-soluble B vitamin. The name biotin is taken from the Greek word bios meaning “life.” Without biotin, certain enzymes do not work properly and various complications can occur involving the skin, intestinal tract and nervous system, or metabolic problems including very low blood sugar between meals, high blood ammonia, or acidic blood (acidosis) can occur.*
• Recent studies suggest that biotin is also necessary for processes on the genetic level in cells (DNA replication and gene expression).*
• Biotin assists in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein.*
• It serves as a critical component of several enzymes and is involved in energy metabolism.*
• The major benefit of biotin is its ability to strengthening hair and nails because it is a major component in the natural hair manufacturing process.*
• Both men and women can support hair, skin and nail health by taking a biotin supplement.*
• A deficiency of biotin has been associated with dry brittle hair and nails.*