Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
The DUTCH Adrenal provides free cortisol patterns that parallel saliva with the addition of metabolite measurements for an improved marker for total cortisol production. This test is run on LC-MS/MS: the most accurate way to test cortisol and metabolites!
This kit includes:
- Easy directions and filter paper collection strips
- Requisition form for patient information, pertinent supplements, medications, hormone replacement and a health questionnaire
- Sealable return envelope
The results include:
- Daily free cortisol pattern (4)
- Daily free cortisone pattern (4)
- Cortisol metabolites (a-THF, b-THF)
- Cortisone metabolites (b-THE)
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Q: What if I miss a collection?
A: Simply collect the sample as instructed the following day. All samples do not need to be collected in one 24-hour period.
- Q: Do I have to take the samples in the order listed on the instructions?
A: No, they can be collected in a different order. If you wish you may start with sample #3, followed by #4, #1 & #2.
- Q: How long can I keep the dried samples before sending them in?
A: While hormone levels are very stable in dried samples, they should be sent back as soon as possible. If you have to wait to send them in, place in freezer (in bags) after drying.
- Q: Do I need to stop taking my hormones for this test?
A: This test is built to test patients “on” their hormones. Our suggestion is to follow the Hormone Schedule given on these instructions, but follow any specific instructions given by your provider.
- Q: What if my regular sleep schedule is abnormal? (night workers, ect.)
A: Collect the bedtime sample (#2) before your longest stretch of sleep, the waking sample (#3) after this sleeping period, and sample #4 two hours later. The dinnertime sample (#1) should be collected 4-7 hours before bed. If you have questions, please email: email@example.com or call 503-687-2050
HOW TO COLLECT
- Complete all information on each collection device.
- Saturate the filter paper by urinating directly on it OR use a clean cup and dip the filter paper.
- Leave the sample open to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Once dry; Close the paper samples and return in the provided envelope with the completed requisition form (required) and the payment card (if needed).
• Postage is required for shipment, and you may use an express shipping option if you wish to see faster results.
• Results will be returned to your provider 5-10 days after they are received by the lab.
WHEN TO COLLECT?
- While adhering to your most common wake/sleep schedule, collect as close as possible to the below time-line.
Collection Day 1:
#1: Dinner Time: Approximate time and NO Fluids Two Hours before samples #1 and #2
#2: Bed Time: Approximate time
Collection Day 2:
#: Extra Overnight Sample: Only if you wake and If you wake and urinate a second time, do not collect
#3: At Waking: Within 10 minutes , Do not lay awake in bed before sample #3 and No more than one cup of fluids between Samples #3 and #4
#4: 2-hr After Waking: Two Hours After Waking (Tip: set a 2-hr timer after Sample #3)Instructions for the DUTCH Adrenal Test