Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
What Is It?
Glucose Support Formula contains highly recognized ingredients that provide specific support for healthy pancreas function and glucose metabolism.*
• Gymnema sylvestre, an herb used for over 2,000 years in India and standardized to contain 75% gymnemic acids, to nutritionally support the insulin producing cells of the pancreas.*
• Alpha lipoic acid, a versatile nutrient that provides powerful antioxidant activity and sustains healthy glucose function.*
• Panax ginseng and Eleutherococcus senticosus, or eleuthero, adaptogens that promote healthy glucose balance.*
• Maitake mushroom extract, playing a potential role in healthy glucose metabolism as suggested by recent research.*
• Chromium polynicotinate, a chromium/nicotinic acid complex, promoting healthy glucose and fat utilization.*
Uses For Glucose Support Formula
Healthy Glucose Function: This formula was designed to provide broad-spectrum support for enhancing healthy glucose uptake and metabolism.*
What Is The Source?
Maitake extract is derived from Grifola frondosa whole plant body. Panax ginseng extract is derived from the root and standardized to contain 5% ginsenosides. Eleutherococcus senticosus extract is derived from the root and standardized to contain 0.8% eleutheroside E & B. Gymnema sylvestre extract is derived from the leaf and standardized to contain 75% gymnemic acids. Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid) and polynicotinate are synthetic.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Alpha lipoic acid may cause gastrointestinal discomfort in some individuals and should always be taken with meals. A small number of cases report that alpha lipoic acid may cause skin rash in sensitive individuals. In rare cases, Panax ginseng and eleuthero may cause over-stimulation. Panax ginseng and eleuthero may also be contraindicated for individuals with hypertension.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Panax ginseng may be contraindicated for individuals taking antiplatelet or anticoagulant medications. Eleuthero may be contraindicated for individuals taking digoxin. Gymnema sylvestre should be used with caution and under close medicalsupervision ifcombined with sulfonylurea drugs and insulin, as gymnema may provide synergistic effects. Chromium may also enhance the effects of drugs for diabetes and should be used with caution under these circumstances.
Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, www.gluten.org‡
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. These therapies are not substitutes for standard medical care. Consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
1 capsule daily, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.