Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
Melatonin supports the bodies innate immune function by regulating gene expression in macrophages, dendric cells, neutrophils, mast cells and natural killer cells. It has also been found to support oxidative stress levels, immune defenses and lipid metabolism in acute stress-induced sports performance.† Melatonin assists in balancing cytokine levels. Melatonin is considered an antioxidant that enters all body cells to help prevent free radical damage. In the brain, melatonin is an important physiological antioxidant due to its lipid and water-soluble properties ability to freely cross the blood-brain barrier. In vitro studies show that melatonin is more effective than glutathione in scavenging toxic hydroxyl radicals, and also more efficient than vitamin E in neutralizing peroxyl radicals which can induce DNA damage. Furthermore, melatonin stimulates the main antioxidant enzyme of the brain, glutathione peroxidase.
- Sleep Support: Regulates normal sleep/wake cycles and supports normal immune function.*
- Antioxidant Support: Melatonin may also support the body's healthy defenses against oxidative damage.*
- Sleep & Relaxation: Our sleep & relaxation formulas are developed to support the management of cortisol, hormones, neurotransmitters and relaxation to optimize health.*
- Our uncompromising operational practices at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities surpass GMP standards and manufacturing regulations. All of our products are GMO-free.
- For 65 years, Douglas Laboratories has been dedicated to meeting the needs of healthcare professionals. As a globally recognized leader in the development of innovative, science-based nutritional supplements, we strive to help healthcare professionals and their patients push their potential for healthy living, today and in the future.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 dissolvable tablet 30 minutes before bedtime or as directed by your healthcare professional only. Allow tablet to dissolve in mouth and then swallow.