Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
Good nutrition is essential for healthy brain function. The brain needs nutrients to provide energy to fuel the nerves, support neurotransmitter production, and protect against oxidative stress. That is why diet and supplementation are so important, both before and after participating in contact sports and for any individual who needs brain supportive nutrients.*
SynaQuell is formulated with the best-researched nutrients that support the brain, particularly for individuals who are involved in contact sports or other high-impact activities.* SynaQuell and SynaQuell+ contain the same ingredients, but in different amounts. SynaQuell is for everyday maintenance, while SynaQuell+ provides higher amounts of certain nutrients for shorter-term, post-impact support.*
Key ingredients in SynaQuell and their key benefits:
- Ketones, such as BHB, provide an alternate fuel source for both injured and uninjured brains.*
- BCAAs are important precursors to the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.*
- CoQ10 phytosome supports cognitive function by reducing oxidative stress and supporting mitochondrial function.*
- DHA, an essential fatty acid found in high concentrations in membranes of the brain’s nerve cells, supports a healthy balance of inflammatory cytokines in the brain.*
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR) promotes NAD+ production, a key substance that protects brain cells.*
A closer look at the ingredients in SynaQuell
Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) is a ketone. Why a ketone?
- Ketones, such as BHB, supply 70 percent of the brain’s energy needs – and do so much more efficiently than glucose.*
- Ketones provide an alternate fuel source for both the injured and uninjured brain.*
- BHB is neuroprotective because it increases the production of new mitochondria, which in turn increases ATP (energy production) in brain and nerve cells.*
- BHB enhances cerebral blood flow.*
- BHB resists the damaging effects of oxidative stress.*
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs):
- BCAAs include leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
- They readily cross the blood-brain barrier.
- BCAAs and their metabolites have been shown to decline as a result of a mild impact to the brain.
- In the brain, BCAAs serve as important precursors to the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.*
Coenzyme Q10 phytosome (Ubiqsome®)
- Coenzyme Q10 benefits cognitive function by reducing oxidative stress and supporting mitochondrial function.*
- CoQ10 levels naturally drop with intensive exercise and during aging.
- Ubiqsome provides 3-times better absorption that ordinary coenzyme Q10.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA):
- Testing of the Omega-3 Index (the relative percentages of EPA and DHA in red blood cells) in college football players found insufficient levels of these important omega-3 fatty acids in this population.
- DHA, which is found in high concentrations in the membranes of the brain’s nerve cells, supports a healthy balance of inflammatory cytokines in the brain.*
- DHA supports cognitive function and learning ability.*
- DHA is neuroprotective and supports healthy levels of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF).*
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is converted to NAD+ in the body. NAD+ helps convert food into energy and protects cells from damage.*
- NAD+ helps protect brain cells from injury.*
- NR supports learning, memory, and other cognitive functions.*
Additional brain-supportive nutrients
- Several brain-protective nutrients – reduced glutathione (antioxidant), riboflavin 5’-phosphate (active vitamin B2), and magnesium.
- Botanical extracts – curcumin phytosome (Meriva®) and resveratrol – to support a healthy balance of inflammatory cytokines and up-regulate the release of the healthy-aging sirtuin proteins.*
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.
Mix 2 scoops with at least 8 ounces of water two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant or nursing, do not use this product.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.