Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
Trimethylglycine (TMG), also known as betaine anhydrous, is an amino acid that supports the body's methylation processes. Methylation is a fundamental biochemical process in which one carbon atom and three hydrogen atoms (CH3) are transferred from one molecule to another. This process is responsible for numerous important bodily functions, such as:
- Cell division
- Cellular energy production
- Clearing histamine
- DNA expression (epigenetics)
- Forming neurotransmitters
- Producing free radical scavenging antioxidants
Our bodies contain a “methyl pool” of CH3 that is available whenever needed. As long as we have enough methyl groups stored in the pool, methylation typically is not a problem. However, there are a couple of things that may contribute to the depletion of the body's methyl pool.
- MTHFR Variants - Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is a gene with common mutations that can interfere with the methylation process, causing high levels of homocysteine (a known risk factor in heart disease) in the blood and low folate levels. Up to 40% of the population may have one or both genetic mutations.
- Aging and Epigenetics - Methylation of DNA plays a crucial role in epigenetics, switching different sequences of your genetic material on and off as needed. The body's methylation ability and subsequent DNA expression is known to decline with age. Anti-aging researchers think these changes in DNA expression may be a contributing factor to many age-related diseases.*
NMN Supplementation and Methylation Support
When taken as a supplement, NMN may require the use of methyl groups to help facilitate the conversion of NAD+ in your cells, thereby activating sirtuin genes and promoting longevity. Although there is currently no evidence suggesting NMN’s natural methylation process depletes the methyl pool, many top anti-aging experts suggest that safeguarding against methyl depletion may be a wise proactive step to augment your NMN intake. TMG, the choice of many of those experts, is an excellent way to help support your body's ability to maintain an adequate methyl pool.
- Suggested Daily Use: Take 1-6 tablets daily, divided into 2 doses, or as recommended by your health care provider. If you have trouble swallowing large tablets, it is recommended that you cut or chew these tablets before swallowing.
- Note: Keep the bottle tightly closed at all times in between usage. Keep the freshness packet in bottle. This product is very sensitive to moisture/humidity which may affect product stability. Store in a cool dry place after opening. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Caution: Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.