Become a Member and get exclusive discounted Prices and Deals.
What Is It?
Vitamin D3 enhances calcium absorption and retention, a key nutritional role in supporting healthy bones, and may play a potential role in cardiovascular, colon and cellular health. Vitamin D levels have been shown to decline with age, due primarily to a reduction in either absorption or metabolism by the liver. Decreased exposure to sunlight, a vegetarian diet, or a low intake of vitamin D fortified foods also play a role in inadequate vitamin D levels.*
What Is The Source?
Vitamin D3 is derived from the cholesterol in lanolin, the fat found in wool. Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose. Medium chain triglycerides (Vitamin D3 liquid only) are derived from coconut and palm oil.
Uses For Vitamin D3
Bone Health: Vitamin D promotes intestinal calcium and phosphorous absorption and reduces urinary calcium loss, essential mechanisms for maintaining proper calcium levels in the body and for healthy bone composition. Clinical studies involving vitamin D supplementation suggest the importance of vitamin D in addition to calcium for bone health. Vitamin D supplementation alone may also support bone health.*
Cardiovascular Support: Vitamin D may also provide cardiovascular support for some individuals, which may be attributed to its effect on calcium metabolism or possibly by helping to maintain healthy plasma renin function.*
Cellular Health: Studies suggest vitamin D supports colon health by promoting healthy cellular function. Vitamin D is also believed to provide general cellular support potential, including breast and prostate cells, in part by helping to maintain healthy angiogenesis balance, supporting immune cell activity and maintaining healthy cell metabolism. Preliminary evidence suggests that vitamin D may also play a role in maintaining healthy glucose metabolism, since vitamin D receptors are present on the islet cells of the pancreas.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. These therapies are not substitutes for standard medical care. Consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
“We ship Pure Encapsulations products only to customers within the United States of America.”
“Pure Encapsulations’ logo, text, graphics, and photo images are the property of Pure Encapsulations, Inc. and are used with permission. Copyright © 2017”
Pure Encapsulations provides vitamin D3 capsules in 4 amounts (400 iu, 1,000 iu, 5,000 iu and 10,000 iu) and Vitamin D3 liquid.
- Recommendations are as follows: Vitamin D3 400 iu = 1–2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
- Vitamin D3 1,000 iu = 1–5 capsules daily, with meals.
- Vitamin D3 5,000 iu = 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
- Vitamin D3 10,000 iu = 1 capsule daily for up to five days per week, with a meal, or as directed by a health professional.
- Vitamin D3 liquid = 1–7 drops daily, with a meal, or as directed by your health professional.
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. If you have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use. It is recommended that individuals taking more than 50 mcg (2,000 IU) vitamin D per day have their blood levels monitored. Not for use beyond 3 months.