Calcium Magnesium (malate) 2/1
Calcium Magnesium (malate) 2:1 combines di-calcium malate and di-magnesium malate to provide a powerful calcium and magnesium nutritional supplement to reduce risk of osteoporosis. Combines di-calcium malate and di-magnesium malate for the highest elemental calcium and magnesium per capsule. These minerals are chelated with the krebs cycle intermediate malate for optimal absorption.
- Calcium and magnesium extracts blended into one supplement
- Helps support bone mass‡
- Created for optimal absorption‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Uses For Calcium Magnesium (malate) 2:1
- Bone Support: Randomized, double blind, placebocontrolled studies have reported statistically significant benefits of calcium supplementation for bone health and osteoporosis support†. Magnesium, like calcium, is an essential bone matrix mineral that promotes healthy bone metabolism. A trial involving 2,038 older individuals indicated that higher intakes of magnesium were positively associated with bone mineralization for certain individuals. Supplementation with calcium and magnesium provides synergistic support for bone health.*†
Risk factors for osteoporosis include sex, race, age and inadequate calcium intake. Populations at highest risk for osteoporosis include Caucasian, Asian, postmenopausal women, and elderly women and men. Adequate calcium intake throughout life is linked to a reduced risk of osteoporosis, as calcium helps to optimize peak bone mass during adolescence and early adulthood in conjunction with exercise and healthy diet. Calcium intake greater than 2,000 mg per day has no further known benefit to bone health.
- Cardiovascular Support: Magnesium supports cardiovascular health by helping to maintain healthy levels of cellular and plasma electrolytes, including calcium and potassium. Calcium also promotes healthy receptor function. Additionally, calcium and magnesium may help to promote healthy lipid metabolism.*
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
High doses of magnesium can cause loose stools. If pregnant or lactating, or have a history of kidney stones, consult your physician before taking this product.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Calcium should be taken separately from certain antibiotics and thyroid medications. Calcium and magnesium should be taken separately from bisphosphonate medications. Consult your physician for more information.
**When providing adequate calcium throughout life as part of a well balanced diet.
‡These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. These therapies are not substitutes for standard medical care. Consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
3 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.